Monday, October 28, 2013

I'm probably the worst blogger ever

I don't forget I have a blog, per se, I just forget to write frequently. And time flies by so darn quickly. I feel like I just posted, but almost 2 weeks have passed. So here's an update:

I got a full-time job! Yay. I will be an admin at an Architecture and Interior Design firm. While this job isn't the reason I moved here, it will allow me to stay in NYC as I continue to work with World Vision. There is potential WV trip to Ethiopia in February (more on that as details progress) and I am also getting to take some photos at the New York City marathon for World Vision this Sunday!

This last weekend I went up to Mass. to visit my family. My grandmother goes back to England before Thanksgiving and I wanted to take some time before my full-time job starts to see her. She's really cool, you guys! She has traveled all over the place, worked in Switzerland for a few weeks and worked for the Foreign Office after WWII helping transcribe pieces of the Treaty of Rome that went to the Queen and the Prime Minister! She comes to America twice a year, and always regales us with stories from when she was younger. I hope when I'm her age I'm that sassy, active and wonderful. Just FYI, I love you, Grandma :) Never stop having adventures.

Speaking of adventures, two sets of my friends in Raleigh got engaged this weekend! Yay to Jillian & Manny and Quanah & Anna Beth for the new adventure of marriage you will be embarking on.
I was thinking about all the weddings I've had the privilege of being invited to this year- despite the fact I haven't been able to make them all, I'm so honored to have been a part of so many wonderful couples' lives. Kicking off the year of weddings in February was Lauren Elizabeth & Jacob, Kimberly & Austin, Jennifer & Justin, Paige & Aaron, Elizabeth & Josh, Ashley & Jonathan, this weekend Melia & Brian and in December Katherine & Brad. You're all fabulous! (Did I forget anyone's wedding? I'm so sorry if I did!)

Also, Brittany, her sister Bree, and their friend Taylor will be here in 10 days. I can't wait to take y'all to some of these places I've found :-D

Well, this post turned into more random rambling than actually writing about NYC, so here is a New York related thing I'll throw in, just to make me feel like I'm actually living up to the name in the web address:

Tomorrow after work, my plan is to visit Warby Parker's store! Yay. I need some new glasses, because I realized the ones I wear now I've had since HIGH SCHOOL (yes, I finally upgraded from those horribly huge ones I had in middle school - although I would like to observe that those obscene glasses are back and are cool now. Hipsters....). WP has two stores in Manhattan so I'm going to check them out. I'll post pictures!






No comments:

Post a Comment