Sunday, August 18, 2013

Musings

A dear friend passed this quote on to me. It accurately surmises how I'm feeling about my move.
"I have no understanding as to why, when you're 18 to even, let's say 30, why you wouldn't try to make what you're passionate about work for you... If you go and become a lawyer or go to school and do all the things that everybody wants you to do, and don't do the thing you really love, the real question isn't what's going to happen when you're 23, 27, 31, 36. The question really becomes what's going to happen when you're 70 years old and you look back at your life and you're like 'Why didn't I try?' There's going to be a regret factor that I think a lot of times a guidance counselor or parent or teacher tend not to think about... They're worried about your next ten years. I'm worried about your last ten years. And in those last ten years, you're going to be thinking back... and realizing, 'Why didn't I go to Austin ( or L.A. or Nashville... wherever you're going)? Why didn't I take a chance?' and really regret it. And that- that tastes a lot worse than going for it, because that's when you're most alive." -Gary Vaynerchuk

1 comment:

  1. That is absolutely right, Corinne. I am so proud of you for following your dreams!

    ReplyDelete